- This event has passed.
Fifth Annual Local Conversation
Fri, 8th November, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
This annual event is the opportunity for local people to come along, have their say and share how our communities are working together to make a difference. Workshop sessions are planned so we may hear more about how connecting people helps local residents in East Ayrshire keep active and healthy. In addition, many of our partners will have stalls offering advice and information and a friendly welcome.
We would encourage you as a local resident, or member of a community group, to join us on the day and bring a friend with you! Please feel free to share this invite with friends or colleagues you think may be interested in attending. Employees are also welcome to attend should they be able, and are encouraged to invite a local resident along too. The programme for the day is listed below.
Please use the link below to complete your registration by 30 October 2019.
If you need any assistance please email: HSCPAdmin@east-ayrshire.gov.uk or you can call Aileen Anderson or Lorna Donnelly on 01563 554472 and 554475
We look forward to seeing you on the day.
- 9.30am – Arrival and Registration (Tea and Coffee)
- 10am to 10.30am – Market Stalls and Networking
- 10.30am- 10.40am – Welcome Eddie Fraser , Director Health and Social Care Partnership
- 10.45am to 11.10am – Presentation – Eddie Fraser with Dr Crawford McGuffie, Joint Medical Director
- 11.10am to 11.45am – Local Conversation – Connecting People ‘Who are the important connections in your community’ (discussion and engagement session)
- 11.45am to 12.15pm – Mid-Morning Break and Market Stalls
- 12.15pm to 1.20pm:
Workshop One -‘Get Doon Tae Chat’ – Reducing concern about language and communication in children
Workshop Two – Community Wellbeing Champions – Hear more about the new initiative offering opportunities to local people
Workshop Three – How to be digitally connected – Older people and adults working with new technology to live the healthiest life possible
Workshop Four – Neighbourhood Coaches – Local communities are being supported to address the impact of inequalities
- 1.20pm to 1.30pm – Close